BBC News – February 2, 2007
Summary of IPCC findings.
Global climate change is “very likely” to have been human-induced, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has concluded.
* It is very likely that human activities are causing global warming
* Probable temperature rise by the end of the century will be between 1.8C and 4C (3.2-7.2F)
* Possible temperature rise by the end of the century ranges between 1.1C and 6.4C (2-11.5F)
* Sea levels are likely to rise by 28-43cm
* Arctic summer sea ice is likely to disappear in second half of century
* It is very likely that parts of the world will see an increase in the number of heatwaves
* Climate change is likely to lead to increased intensity of tropical storms
Filed under: Getting warmer